FOR JOB SEEKERS
What can I do at mbjobs.ca being a registered job seeker? As a registered Job Seeker you will be able to experience all the great new upgrades like:
- Creating multiple resumes and customizing it to cater to the job you are applying for
- Seeing jobs you like in your account by selecting up-to-three industries
- Tracking the jobs you’ve applied for
- Tagging jobs as your favourites, so you can apply for them later on
Why should I become a Registered Job Seeker?
- Employers may require you to apply online and the only way to do that is to become a registered Job Seeker.
- Registering as Job Seekers also gives you more options to applying for various job opportunities on mbjobs.ca
How do I register on mbjobs.ca?
- Just click on Register as a Job Seeker -- located at the top left of your homepage screen
- Fill out the online registration form and click on the Terms of Service then register
- You will then see a set of instructions in bolded text on screen, which will require you to check your email for a validation code link to active your account. Click on this link.
- Please note: If you don’t see an email from mbjobs.ca in your inbox, ensure you check your Junk folder as your email service provider may have filtered it there as spam. You must move the email from your Junk folder to your inbox then click on the validation code link to activate your account.
How do apply for jobs on mbjobs.ca?
- Once you are a registered Job Seeker and create a resume online, you will have the ability to apply for any of the jobs.
WHY SHOULD I USE MBJOBS.CA?
If you’re looking to target Manitoba’s pool of candidates then you’ve come to the right place. We are Winnipeg’s local jobsite and Manitoba’s top job board that has well over 20,000 unique visitors monthly. Our jobs are also distributed to other various job networks that utilize Google advertising. At mbjobs.ca we focus on Manitoba and offer a competitive price per posting well below the national job-sites, and we still provide great results!
HOW DO I REGISTER AS AN EMPLOYER?
You can register by clicking on the Register link on top-left then fill in all the necessary fields needed.
CAN I PLACE MY COMPANY LOGO WITH MY JOB POSTING?
Yes, there is no cost to upload your company logo to your job posting but there is a maximum upload of three logos.
EMPLOYERS - POSTING YOUR FIRST JOB
- On your Employer Home page, click on New Posting
- Everything with an orange asterik is a required field you must fill out
- Select your Region by clicking on the drop-down arrow
- Next select your City by clicking on the drop-down arrow
- Then select your Industry by clicking on the drop-down arrow
- Enter your website address (optional)
- Click on your Header Image (logo) by clicking on the drop-down arrow
- If you don’t have one yet, you can always go back to add it later on
- Type in your Job Title in the dialog box
- Select the Type of Employment by clicking on the drop-down arrow
- Now type your Salary (optional)
- Then type your Job Reference # (optional)
- Click on Closing Date dialog box if you wish to change the date
- Type in or copy and paste your job description in the Posting Details dialog box
- Here you will have the options to bold, italicize, or underline your text as well as add bullets
- Next you will select your Footer Image (optional)
- You will choose how you want the candidates to apply
- Your options for them applying for your job are:
- Link to an external website – you would either type or paste in a website link
- Select -- Seekers apply directly through this site and collect the job candidates resume online
- Select -- System-generated email link and have the job candidates apply via email, fax, by mail or in person
- All this can be accomplished by clicking on the How to Apply drop-down arrow
- Finally, click on the Post button to make your job posting live on the job site