ANCR (Child and Family All Nations Coordinated Response Network) delivers centralized, essential intake services that are part of the comprehensive and coordinated child and family services system in the City of Winnipeg. We provide crisis response and intake case services, conduct abuse investigations and offer preventative programs and services. ANCR is generally the first point of contact with the child and family services system. We provide service 24 hours a day, 7 days per week. ANCR receives both emergency and non-emergency calls, with highly qualified staff making initial assessments and referring callers to ongoing services as appropriate.
PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO INDIGENOUS CANDIDATES. APPLICANTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO SELF DECLARE.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 6 months.
- Grade 12 plus a certificate in a 1 year Administrative Course, or a combination of relevant experience and education.
- The successful candidate must have at least 3 years experience in an administrative support.
- Experience in the areas of reception, processing mail, and filing is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook are required.
- Must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with other support/professional staff and the public.
- Demonstrated ability to work under minimum supervision and in a team setting.
- Must possess strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to achieve quality results while multitasking and experience in adapting to a changing workplace is essential.
- Knowledge of department programs and experience with Intake Module/CFSIS would be an asset.
Core competencies for this position include: communication, cultural competence, customer/client focus, decision-making, collaboration, organizational ability, and stress tolerance.
A satisfactory criminal records check, prior contact check and a check of the Child Abuse Registry is a requirement of all ANCR employment positions. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Types, edits, formats and transcribes reports, forms, correspondence, files, recordings, minutes, case planning notes and other material as assigned by the Unit Supervisor.
- Prepares daily and monthly Unit statistics and maintains files in ANCR’s filling repository.
- Receives, screens, assesses, transfers telephone calls and takes messages.
- Enters information on CFSIS and the Intake Module as required.
- Provides support to other administrative staff and coverage for the ANCR Receptionist in rotation with other administrative staff as needed.
All qualified internal candidates will be considered first.
Testing may form a part of the screening/ selection process.
We seek diversity in our workplace.
Your cover letter and resume must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications. Please submit your resume with cover letter and competition number.