CHILD AND FAMILY ALL NATIONS COORDINATED RESPONSE NETWORK
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY - COMPETITION # 2018-779
ANCR (Child and Family All Nations Coordinated Response Network) delivers centralized, essential intake services that are part of the comprehensive and coordinated child and family services system in the City of Winnipeg. We provide crisis response and intake case services, conduct abuse investigations and offer preventative programs and services. ANCR is generally the first point of contact with the child and family services system. We provide service 24 hours a day, 7 days per week. ANCR receives both emergency and non-emergency calls, with highly qualified staff making initial assessments and referring callers to ongoing services as appropriate.
POSITION: After Hours Program – Two Overnight Supervisor Positions
Part Time - .8 EFT
SALARY: $64,246 - $87,216 per annum
HOURS OF WORK: 7 Overnight Shifts Bi-Weekly
CLOSING DATE: July 18, 2018
Preference will be given to Aboriginal Candidates. Applicants are encouraged to self declare.
· Bachelor of Social Work degree or equivalent education and experience.
· At least 5 years of experience in a Child & Family Services environment, including 3 years of experience conducting child protection investigations, or a combination of investigation and supervisory experience.
· Demonstrated skills and experience in establishing the networks of support and navigating systemic
and community resources and services.
· Demonstrated knowledge of child abuse and intake screening, and knowledge and skills in case planning, risk assessment and understanding the complexity of issues and barriers families face.
· Demonstrated supervisory and leadership skills; knowledge of human resources management and financial systems.
· Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to set priorities and work effectively in a fast paced environment and under pressure.
· Demonstrated skill in working cross culturally and knowledge and understanding of multi-cultural issues.
· Excellent organizational, computer, oral and written communication skills.
· Strong Knowledge of and experience with the Intake Module (IM) required.
· Ability to work effectively in a team environment, to gain the commitment and cooperation of others.
A valid driver’s license and a vehicle with $2,000,000 liability insurance is a requirement of this position.
A satisfactory criminal records check, prior contact check and a check of the Child Abuse Registry is a requirement of all ANCR employment positions. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
· Ensures compliance with all CFS legislation, regulation and provincial standards.
· Receives, reviews, and assigns cases to the After Hours Workers and provides consultation and supervision.
· Fosters a positive team environment, good communication and active participation of team members
· Assists in implementation of administrative, service and personnel policy requirements within the program.
· Maintains appropriate management and reporting systems.
All qualified internal candidates will be considered first. Testing may form a part of the screening process.
We seek diversity in our workplace.
Your cover letter and resume must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications. Please submit your resume with cover letter and competition number to:
Child and Family All Nations Coordinated Response Network
835 Portage Ave, Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3G 0N6,
FAX: 944-4182 EMAIL: email@example.com
We thank all who apply, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.